16 October 2009

.: shoe display :.



How do you store your shoes?

I personally like to see them in my closet. It's so convenient to have right in front of you when you are getting dressed in the morning. No need to run up and down the stairs to the garage, just to end up not liking what you picked out. I don't like storing them under my bed, because I know I'm going to forget about them all together.

What I use is similar to the Over-the-Door Shoe Rack from Bed Bath & Beyond. It's the perfect solution to maximize space because it doesn't take up any closet space. You simply have to hang it over the door and it stores up to 36 pairs of shoe. I loved it so much that I bought a second one! (See pic below) They are far better than the those "pocket" shoe organizers- I can never seem to fit my shoes in them!
Another solution is to use these pretty Closet Fetish Boxes. It's a great organizational tool and each box includes an outside frame that allows you to display a picture of your enclosed treasured soles! These boxes are stackable and come in a variety of colors. Girls, your closet is ready for its close-up! (Set of 2 for $19.99)
...or how about taking your shoes for a spin on the Shoe Wheel? I'm kind
of obsessed with this one. I JUST found this on the Bed Bath and Beyond website. It's too cute! The wheel's 20 expandable pockets will allow you to store up to 30 pairs of shoes.
...or how about placing them in antique display cases? After all, you did invest money in them so your shoes do deserve a good home. They are too pretty to be collecting dust!
...or using old bookcases
...such lovely eyecandy.
.: images: this is glamorous :.

9 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Did you see the photo spread of Christine Aguilera's closet in a recnet design mag (which one ??)? Wow did that girl have the closet for shoes. I have them sitting on a book shelp I purchased at Ikea. I only I had a set-up as spectacular as the last photo. Great post & will be fun to read everyone's response. Happy Weekend to you ~

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

The shoe wheel is hilarious- i featured in a post too.

I'd love just a gorgeous large closet like Carrie's in SATC movie!!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I just stumbled on your blog and how funny, I did a closet/shoe post today too. :) It's nice to discover your blog. Have a good weekend!

Arianna Belle said...

I'm glad you commented on my blog b/c it allowed me to find yours! I browsed through it and I saw lots of great posts. I've now started following via bloglovin :-) I look forward to reading more!

angela said...

i need a shoe closet.
i need to make money first.
that shoe wheel is hilarious!

Luella & June said...

These ideas are so cute! We just did a post on jewelry organization that is worth checking out!

XOXO
Luella & June

www.luellajune.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

that last one is so great... i wish i had a walk in closet. right now my shoes are slowly pushing out the books in my bookshelves, haha

Anonymous said...

Hello ! I am french
You have a great blog with pretty pictures <3
Bisoux

m said...

how lovely ! I've got a big old dresser in the shed that I'm renovating at the mo. I'm hoping to paint in pillar box red and line it with some red and white paper and store all my shoes in there :O)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin