I am definitely visually oriented.I'm horrible when it comes to remembering names, but when I see an outfit I love or a design that completely blows me away, I will take a mental picture and somehow try to incorporate it into my life. That's why one of my favorite stores to shop is Anthropologie. I sometimes walk into an Anthropologie store not to shop but to get inspired. (I can easily stay for an hour- half the time I am busy taking pictures of the store with my cell phone) The whole store is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but always in a edgy and unexpected way. Anthropologie's boho romantic home furnishing offerings is by far my favorite. So it's no surprise that I found my new bedding at Anthropologie. When I first saw the Cirrus Collection, I knew my search was over.

I truly believe that your room is an extension of yourself. My personal style is romantic and feminine in nature but with a masculine touch. I like to add an unexpected twist to my outfits, whether it's a statement necklace or a cutout bootie. I love when clothing comes alive when designers use texture, especially through the use of sculptural folds or drapings of gauzy layers and layers of tissue weight fabric. No wonder why my favorite designers are YSL, Donna Karen, Phillip Lim, Rick Owens, Alexander Wang, Elizabeth & James and my new obsessions All Dressed Up and Suh-Tahn. Above is a little collage I made up that best describes my style. How amazing is that Tom Binns cuff!? I die.
After looking at my inspiration board, it is no wonder why I went a little "goo goo gah gah" over The Cirrus Collection from Anthropologie- it perfectly sums up my personal style. The bedding's gray color makes the collection feminine and soft but the folds and ruffles add unexpected dimension. It's perfect! I could just take the duvet and make a 1 shoulder dress out of it!! sighhhh...When I decided to redecorate my room, I first invested in this bedding and then I designed my room around it. Every room's design has to start somewhere. Just like an outfit, it's easiest to design a room around one piece. From there, you can start pulling inspirations for the rest of your design process. In my opinion, the easiest way to do that for a bedroom is by using your bedding as a starting off point. (but I'm no design/fashion major..so I can be talking gibberish)
It's been almost a year since I started redecorating my room, and I am still not finished! However, from the pictures below you can tell how much a difference a bedding change can make- the new headboard and curtains help as well! I was going for a more glamorous and Old Hollywood feel. I must say I'm quite happy with the results. What do you think?? (click to enlarge image)
FYI- I know I didn't present any sweet concoction recipes today. But tomorrow's recipe will be featuring a DIY twist I made on my headboard!



4 comments:
the blanket + curtains def. make a huge difference and more importantly. that headboard is GORGEOUS!
Amazing before and after! Your new room is stunning xoxo
love the headboard! really makes a big difference. hi connie! :)
connie, ur so amazing.
my room stinks. totally gonna hire you when i have money to decorate it :) (give me a discount b/c we're friends!) haha
Post a Comment