24 April 2009

.: bedroom recipe #2 :.

When I first saw Ikea's Trollsta collection, I instantly became a fan. The pieces definitely give more of a Brocade Home feel, but the price point definitely makes them Ikea winners! I especially loved the sideboard. (picture on the top) The sideboard's antique design and curvy cabriole legs is eye catching and makes it irresistible. Not to mention, it has push to open doors and a cord outlet in the back- a perfect addition to my bedroom to store my dvd player and direct tv system.

I decided to give it my own spin by painting it in Modern Master's metallic olympic gold (opaque), and then drilling holes to create door knobs. (Although there is no need to drill holes since the doors are push to open, I saw these brass vine knobs from Anthropologie that I really wanted to use here.) I'm not going to sugar coat it, the process of painting and assembling took a LONG time (3-4 days), probably because I am no expert when it comes to nails and hammers. So, here's another sweet concoction recipe!

.: Ingredients :.
. Ikea's Trollsta sideboard
. Modern Master's metallic olympic gold paint, paintbrush, newspaper, etc
. hammer, pencil, measuring tape, proper drill bits
. favorite knobs *optional*
. favorite wallpaper *optional*
. Ikea's ALG 4 pack mirror *optional*

.: Direction :.
1) Before assembling, paint all parts. Let first coat dry, and then paint a second coat.

2) Follow instructions and assemble the sideboard
.



3) After you have assembled all parts, if you want, you can start drilling holes for your knobs.


4) I lined the inside of the drawers with my favorite left over wall paper. You can also use a dresser liner or even left over gift wrapping paper!


5) After finishing my sideboard, I noticed that the paint scratches off very easily. In order to prevent scratches on the top of my sideboard, I decided to add mirrors. 4 mirrors for $19.99...not a bad deal! ( I love mirrored furniture, but that's another post!)


6) Now, pictures of my finished product!




.: If you are wondering, my next recipe will be dedicated to how I made my branch jewelry stand. :.

1 comment:

++MIRA++ said...

i loved it too! nice work.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin