03 August 2009

.: bits & baubles recipe #3 :.

Who knew you could use metallic tape as instant molding!?
I was browsing through a past issue of Instyle, and I found this fabulous design recipe that I just had to share with you all!

.: Ingredients :.
(as seen in article)

- 3M Scotch foil tape ($8/2 in. x 10 yd.roll)
- yardstick
- pair of scissors
- pencil

.: Direction :.
1) Using a level and a yardstick, measure desired molding boxes and mark lightly on wall with a pencil. (Boxes should be the same size with about 6 in. between each)
2) Measure and cut corresponding strips of foil tape for box sides. Trim the ends at 45 degree angles.
3) Peel backing from tape corner only, line up with pencil marks and pull away remaining tape backing as you stick tape to wall. Be sure to line up right-angled corners carefully.
4) Erase visible pencil marks.




(If you look back at my recent bathroom renovation post, you can see that I used this tape as the ceiling molding!)

I googled to see if there were more ways to use tape as a decorative accent, and I found this! How gorgeous is the printed ornate detail? At $14.50 a roll,this frame tape lets you frame anything...anywhere!

1 comment:

pink horrorshow said...

Holy shit, the renovation post is impressive. My apartment has two bathrooms that I would LOVE to redo because I hate the sink so much but I'd rather take it out for a pedestal sink over painting it.

Do you know where the pink lamp is from?

And yes! The fleur de sel caramel is in my top 3 flavors :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin