21 August 2009

.: bits & baubles recipe #5 :.

I try my best to use what I have when it comes to adding personal touches to my room. Whether it's using your favorite shoe as display or reusing pretty lil packaging, I guarantee you that there is no need to go out and buy additional accessories. All you need is a bit of creativity! :)

Here are some details from my own room:

Wrapping strands of faux pearl around a vase....
Never EVER throw away anything Chanel.
How can such a lil box make a huge, glamorous statement?
Laduree is a gorgeous French Patisserie that was founded back in 1862! It is known for it's glorious towers of pastel colored macaroons and too pretty to eat pastries. Yes, the pastries are totally to die for and delicious, but what I love most about Laduree is the packaging. I saved the macaroon box and I used it here to store my reed diffuser.
Do you have a pretty headband? Instead of stashing it in the drawers, wrap it around a candle holder. It turns a boring candle into a jewel!
I love it when I walk into a clothing boutique and see that they use their merchandise as decor. My Pour La Victoire shoes make a cute display piece!
If you've ever shopped at Anthropologie, you know that they put your receipt in the cutest bag. Instead of throwing it away, why don't you use it as a pencil case? It even has drawstrings to secure your pens in place!

Hopefully these ideas have inspired you!
Have a fabulous weekend. =)

3 comments:

Ellen Tsay said...

sad, i never get that receipt bag from anthro! :(

Anonymous said...

great post! So true that gorgeous packaging makes great decor!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I really love your blog, let me know if you'd like to trade links :-)
http://urbansardines.wordpress.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin