In my previous entry, I mentioned that I made a simple DIY change to my headboard. When I first got my headboard, I loved everything about it except that the border had an unfinished wood look to it. I decided to cover up the border with left over fabric from my previous project- never waste your fabric! (look at bedroom recipe #1) The process was really easy and I was pleasantly surprised with the result! (look at before and after picture below)


Here's another sweet concoction recipe for you!
.: Ingredients :.
- headboard (You can really spruce up any furniture by adding fabric or even switching your old fabric. Take an old stool, a chair, or a side table and you have a completely new and updated look. You can never underestimate the power of fabric!)
- gray velvet fabric (You can even use wall paper if you like. I'm obsessed with ones from Flavor Paper.)
- magna- tac fabric glue
- ruler, scissors
.: Direction :.
1) Measure out the area that will be getting the fabric treatment.
2) Cut out your fabric
3) ...and paste it on!
4) Roll out any bubbles.
It's so simple and takes no time at all.
Here are some other great ways to use fabric (or wallpaper)!
1) Make fabric panels to use as wall art. Here is a great tutorial from apartment therapy.
2) or use wall paper instead!
3) I fell in love with the idea of purely using scrunched up fabric on canvas as wall decoration. How amazing. My next design project for sure! (screen capture)
4) Interior designer Muriel Brandolini covered his dining room walls with silk fabric as wall paper.
5) Here's another example of using fabric on headboards. This headboard is upholstered in this gorgeous daffodil Dupiono silk fabric.
6) Lastly, the addition of fabric & wallpaper to chairs, coat racks, book shelves, and even your staircase can really make a lasting impression. All these images are from one of my favorite websites, design sponge!


- headboard (You can really spruce up any furniture by adding fabric or even switching your old fabric. Take an old stool, a chair, or a side table and you have a completely new and updated look. You can never underestimate the power of fabric!)
- gray velvet fabric (You can even use wall paper if you like. I'm obsessed with ones from Flavor Paper.)
- magna- tac fabric glue
- ruler, scissors
.: Direction :.
1) Measure out the area that will be getting the fabric treatment.
2) Cut out your fabric
3) ...and paste it on!
4) Roll out any bubbles.
It's so simple and takes no time at all.
Here are some other great ways to use fabric (or wallpaper)!
1) Make fabric panels to use as wall art. Here is a great tutorial from apartment therapy.
2) or use wall paper instead!
3) I fell in love with the idea of purely using scrunched up fabric on canvas as wall decoration. How amazing. My next design project for sure! (screen capture)
4) Interior designer Muriel Brandolini covered his dining room walls with silk fabric as wall paper.
5) Here's another example of using fabric on headboards. This headboard is upholstered in this gorgeous daffodil Dupiono silk fabric.
6) Lastly, the addition of fabric & wallpaper to chairs, coat racks, book shelves, and even your staircase can really make a lasting impression. All these images are from one of my favorite websites, design sponge!


Now, go have your own fabric fun! :)
P.S. New frame of the week! My silver leaf picture frame...now sold through my etsy store!

P.S. New frame of the week! My silver leaf picture frame...now sold through my etsy store!







4 comments:
Oooh that's so inspiring, I want to find an antique shop that sells totally stunning fabric for just such a project! xoxo
Great inspiring/informative post! Love fabric as much as I love wallpaper. Brings beauty to life!
i know where that screen capture comes from!!! ;)
Love it. When I move I'm planning on making a headboard out of an oversized canvas. I was going to just paint it, but now I think it might look even better "upholstered." Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment