17 May 2009

.: a bathroom story :.

The first room makeover I ever did was my bathroom. When I started, I didn't have a design vision. I just knew what colors I wanted to paint my bathroom. I settled on Behr's Spring Hill, Mint Hint, and Athenian Green- all 3 different shades of Green. Green is such a fantastic and calming color for a bathroom, and I wanted my bathroom to be a haven where I can escape and find peace.

Since this was my first time painting a room, I was surprised that it took only a couple of hours..by myself! It was so simple! I painted the majority of my bathroom in 2 coats of Behr's Spring Hill. I then painted my window panes and entrance way in the Athenian Green, and only used the Mint Hint for the moldings
. For my wall decoration, I used these cheap but very pretty decorative flower stickers (in chrome color) from Ikea. I finished off my bathroom with a $39.99 KRISTALLER Ikea chandelier.


Ideally, I wanted an old-style washstand and a freestanding tub but obviously my budget wouldn't allow for it. So, I did the next best thing I could & "accessorized." You can totally transform a boring bathroom into a glamorous one with clever details. Below is a little collage of some of my finishing touches.

click to enlarge

.: Decorating Tips :.


1.: replace boring knobs w/whimsical drawer pulls to revitalize basic cabinets :.


2.: use your pretty perfume bottles as decoration :.

3.: bring in dramatic lighting with a chandelier :.






4.: anything crystal adds old hollywood glamour :.

5.: bring in color & personality to a bathroom with towels and rugs :.

6.: a side table can be both functional & beautiful :.


7.: painting your door can add a pleasant element of surprise :.





No recipe today...but I promise... a good one is coming up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A fantastic room! It's hard to imagine that it's your first, you seem like a natural! xoxo

angeloou said...

amazingggggggg!! :)

angela said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! the chandelier, the flower stickers & the table totally make ur bathroom.

Lauren said...

I love chandeliers in silly places like bathrooms. It just makes me so happy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin