23 September 2009

.: current obsession :.

.: Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010 :.

I'm pretty much obsessed with what Christopher Bailey has done. His new take on Burberry's iconic trench is genius. (kind of similar to what Min Sun Kim and Yeo Chung Kim - winners of the Reconstruction Parsons Louis Vuitton contest- did...no?) He used lots of volume and texture and basically everything that I LOVE LOVE LOVE- from the sexy tulle draped skirts, to the knotting and the ruching, the use of pretty pastel colors, and of course, his artsy spin on the power shoulder. The whole feel of the collection is very young and glamorous. I'm absolutely and completely in love. Only if I could ever afford something...maybe that brown belt or even a bangle....of course, that's only when Saks does their consolidation sale next August... and that's only if they end up buying it.. =(

In the meantime, I can only look at these pictures:
(My fav. picks..there were so many! I love the first and fourth trench...)



1 comment:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I couldn't agree more- the line is absolutely gorgeous! The colors, the draping, the new trenches...swoon!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin