09 September 2009

.: bedroom recipe #8 :.

Many apologizes for being so M.I.A!

I've taken on a new project of seriously renovating the guest room in my house, and it's stealing away my blogging time! Until now, this sorry excuse for a "guest room" was used more as a storage room...and I think enough is enough!

The first thing I did was clear out the massive clutter in the room....that took about 2 full days and I'm still not done! Luckily, there is a bed in the guest room, but I was never fond of the color. The dark brown makes the bed look really out dated and old fashion. I did, however, like the design of the bed. The sweeping curves and the delicate gold hand carved detail makes this French bed design extremely likable in my eyes.

After many cans of white paint and hours later, I am definitely pleased with the transformation.

Here's a picture of the bed BEFORE the paint job...

(please excuse the clutter)

and the AFTER picture:

I did 3 coats of the white paint. That means from painting and waiting for the paint to dry and then painting again...this process took me about a week. (I took many breaks in between..lol) After the final coat, I used Modern Master's Metallic Pharaoh's Gold to hand paint over the engraving that was covered in the white paint. Surprisingly, this process didn't take as long as I had originally expected. Lucky for me, the original design was slightly raised so it was only a matter of painting over the engraving. It was just time-consuming!



What do you guys think? Do you like the white paint? I would love to hear your feedback!

I'm going for a very French inspired bedroom. I'm thinking of an all neutral, creamy coloured space with hints of pale blue/mint (?). I'm probably going to keep the walls white, change the curtains, and possibly add molding. I want to keep it simple and breezy but of course glam it up with modern touches and that air of hotel chic!!!

I will keep you guys posted on the progress!

Here's some of my inspiration:

2 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

The bed looks gorgeous!

I love all the inspiration images you choose. Are they all from the same home? Is that Aerin Lauder?

Anonymous said...

yes, well done! I do agree that the original color made this otherwise georgous bad look dated, so the paint job was a great solution,
I like your blog by the way:) Domi.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin