27 July 2009

.: bedroom recipe #7 :.

Accent walls are a quick and easy way to add personality and color to a room.

I am a huge fan of the color purple, in all of its eye catching shades of lilac, lavender, aubergine, amethyst, violet, magenta..you name it! It's such a royal and regal color. That is why I decided to use this deep aubergine color for my bedroom.




I offset the purple with shimmery gold and black accents. The gold frames are antique finds and that handsome, scalloped high-gloss black lacquer accent table .... well that's just a lucky find! ;)

What other colors do you like to use for your accent walls?

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I've always been hesitant about accent walls, but yours is so well done! Really nice, rich color.

Unknown said...

Where did your bag shelf get moved to?

afternoon sequins said...

serena- i moved the bag shelf to another room! it took up to much space! :D

Allison said...

Where did you get your floor lamp? I absolutely love it.

afternoon sequins said...

allison- my dad owns a furniture store..so i was able to get it through him! but i so a lot of similar ones at homegoods or even at target! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin